Saturday

Prayer

Photo credit: ensignmedia from morguefile.com
... Protect me from knowing what I don't need to know.  Protect me from even knowing that there are things to know that I don't know.  Protect me from knowing that I decided not to know about the things that I decide not to know about.  Amen.'  That's it. It's what you pray silently inside yourself anyway, so you may as well have it out in the open. ...

There's another prayer that goes with it that's very important. ...

Lord, lord, lord...' It's best to put that bit in just in case.  You can never be too sure.  `Lord, lord, lord.  Protect me from the consequences of the above prayer.  Amen.'  And that's it.  Most of the trouble people get into in life comes from leaving out that last part. ...

~ Douglas Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment